|This is about the Main Character. For the future version of Chester, see Future Chester. For the past life of Chester, see Pirate Chester.|
Chester is one of the main characters of Bunnicula.
Mina found Chester when he was a kitten. He was small and alone. He really needed Mina. He was terrified of his own shadow. She took him to the beach once, and he was so confused by all this sand, he thought it was a big litter box.
He is a Siamese cat of adult age, has the brown color in the face, ears and feet, whereas the cream color predominates in the remaining parts. He has yellow eyes, a black nose and eyebrows of the same color. He also wears red collar.
Chester is very nervous, cowardly, and experiences great fear when a supernatural event can happen. He doesn't like the supernatural or magic, preferring logic and science. He may also be a bit selfish, though he has always been shown to be kind. At the moment of knowing Bunnicula, he was jealous, which caused him to become rude and grouchy to his new brother. In his spare time, Chester likes to read books, do puzzles, and listen to Mr. Monroe's old jazz records.
Chester is jealous Bunnicula because he stole Mina's love from him. Chester doesn't trust Bunnicula because of him always jeopardizing him with monsters. Usually, Chester plots to get rid of Bunnicula, so he won't have to deal with monsters anymore. But soon enough, he grew to care for him, mainly due to his conscience and how devastated that Mina would be if she lost him.
Chester is usually annoyed with Harold because he's dumb and always goes along with Bunnicula's mischief, but he does in fact, care for him and always tries to help him when he's in a jam.
Before Bunnicula came along, Chester and Mina were very close. When Bunnicula came along, Chester became jealous and grouchy, even though Mina still does deeply care for him. Chester sometimes dreams of one day being able to converse with Mina, even though she's not supposed to know that they can talk.
Episodes Without Chester
- In Mumkey Business, Chester doesn't like being called "Chesty".
- In the books, Chester was an eccentric Orange tabby whose wild suspicions of occult phenomena constantly exasperated and annoyed Harold. He also was convinced that Bunnicula was a dangerous vampire, and often tried many ways to get rid of him (including staking him with an actual steak).
- In Adopt a Vampire, Chester can be also motion sickness.
- Chester’s personality in the show is reminiscent of Harold’s from the books, though he is more grouchy than Book Harold.
- In Lafitte's Lucky Locket, he is the reincarnation of Pirate Chester.